Shoulder Injury Treatment and Prevention with Our Tracy Chiropractor
Did you know your shoulder is your most flexible joint? With a complex yet elegant array of muscles, ligaments, tendons, and other connective tissues, your shoulders have a lot of working parts that allow your shoulders to move in almost any direction. That's one reason why a shoulder injury can really stop you in your tracks because it deprives you of so much mobility. At Ringer Chiropractic in Tracy, our chiropractor and our staff offer a range of holistic services to heal and prevent a shoulder condition.
Common Shoulder Injuries Treated by a Chiropractor
The most common types of shoulder injuries seen by our Tracy chiropractor staff (led by Dr. Donald P. Ringer and Dr. Robert M. Marlowe) include the following:
- Rotator cuff strain or tear
- Labrum l tear (inside the joint, sometimes called a SLAP lesion, or a tear in the "superior labrum, anterior to posterior")
- Adhesive capsulitis (frozen shoulder); we often see this develop after an injury, illness, or other medical condition impacting the shoulder (e.g., radiation for breast cancer)
- Shoulder dislocation and instability
- Osteoarthritis of the shoulder joint
- Impingement syndrome (compression of the tendons entering the shoulder underneath a bone in the shoulder)
- Inflammatory conditions like tendonitis and bursitis
- Brachial plexus injury (strain and tension on the "nerve highway" in the shoulder, often seen after an auto accident or a seatbelt injury)
These injuries can cause mild to intense pain, especially with certain types of movement (a so-called "painful arc"), pain while sleeping on the affected shoulder, decreased strength, stiffness, unusual sensations like clicking and instability, and difficulty performing daily functions like dressing. Some people also experience additional symptoms that extend beyond the shoulder, depending on the nature of the injury, such as neck pain and stiffness, tingling and numbness in the arm, or even headaches and jaw pain.
How Our Tracy Chiropractor Manages Shoulder Injuries and Dysfunction
When you come to see our chiropractic care team for a shoulder injury, expect the following:
- A comprehensive physical examination and gathering information on your medical history.
- A drug-free and non-invasive techniques to reduce swelling, pain, and inflammation (including massage, extremity adjustments, and therapeutic exercises).
- Techniques and recommendations to optimize shoulder posture and address any other issues, such as nerve compression or stiffness in the neck or upper back, which may exacerbate your shoulder injury. These techniques include postural re-training, spinal adjustments, spinal decompression, and ergonomics advice.
Is a Shoulder Injury Disrupting Your Daily Life?
Get back in the gym, back to work, and back to sleep feeling better than ever with a comprehensive and customized shoulder injury treatment plan at Ringer Chiropractic in Tracy, CA. Contact our chiropractor today at (209) 835-2225 to schedule an initial consultation.